Welcome to the City of Alamo, Texas
The City of Alamo is proud to introduce our official website. Here, you will be able to find any and all information pertaining to the city and various areas of interest within it. For those unfamiliar with Alamo, it is located in the South Texas region known as the Rio Grande Valley. The Valley lies on the southern tip of Texas along the Rio Grande River, which separates the United States and Mexico. It is made up of four counties: Starr, Hidalgo (where Alamo lies), Willacy and Cameron. Our area has seen a substantial construction boom over the past few years with the development of various restaurants, subdivisions and businesses.
We invite you to visit the Alamo Economic Development Corporation (EDC) website to further explore opportunities for business development in the city.
CITY OF ALAMO WATER CONSERVATION PLAN IMPLEMENTS STAGE 2 – MODERATE WATER SHORTAGE CONDITIONS More Info
As a result of the drought conditions, the City of Alamo has implemented Stage 2 of the water conservation plan that was adopted in 2009. The guidelines listed below will be enforced:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number. Example 500, 502, 504, 506…..1100, 1102, 1104, 1106 between the hours of 12:00 midnight until 10:00 am and between 8:00 pm to 12:00 midnight on the designated watering days.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for customers with a street address ending in an odd number. Example 501, 503, 505, 507….1101, 1103, 1105, 1107 between the hours of 12:00 midnight until 10:00 am and between 8:00 pm to 12:00 midnight on the designated watering days.
- Irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days during the hours mentioned above. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a shutoff nozzle for quick rinses.
- Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools or Jacuzzi type pools is prohibited except on the designated watering days during the hours mentioned above.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens is prohibited except on designated watering days during the hours mentioned above. If a golf course utilizes water from another source besides the city, the facility shall not be subject to these regulations.
- The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Wash down of any sidewalk, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard surfaced areas.
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street.
- Failure to repair a leak within a reasonable period.